Airclean Environmental carry out LEV Testing across the UK in factories and workshops to ensure that you are meeting the Health and Safety requirements and COSSH. Our experienced engineers carry out testing to up to date standards.
Employers are legally required to control substances that are hazardous to health in the workplace. For employers to reduce workers exposure to hazardous substances they are required by COSSH:2002 to carry out the following.
- Finding out what the hazards are;
- Deciding how to prevent harm to health. (Risk Assessment);
- Providing control measures to reduce harm to health;
- Making sure they are used;
- Keeping control measures in good working order;
- Providing information, instruction and training for employees and others;
- Providing monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases;
- Planning for emergencies.
What is LEV?
LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) is used where gases and particulates that are harmful to health are extracted from the local workspace through an extract system as part of the Control of Hazardous Substances Hazardous to Health 2002.
LEV testing must be carried out by a competent individual or company and should include the following processes.
- A thorough visual examination to verify the LEV is in efficient working order, in good repair and in a clean condition.
- Measuring and examining the technical performance to check conformity with commissioning or other sources of relevant information.
- Assessment to check the control of worker exposure is adequate.
Taken from HSE A guide to local exhaust ventilation (LEV)
Testing of the LEV system ensures the effectiveness of the system and should provide reports and certification for employer’s records. Any pitfalls that are uncovered by LEV Testing can be addressed quickly ensuring the continued protection of employees.
Under Regulation 9 of the Control of Hazardous Substances Hazardous to Health, employers are required to test and maintain control systems for a minimum of every 14 months and keep records for 5 years.
Contact Us Now for a Quotation for your LEV Testing Needs.