With the Fifa World Cup only two weeks away, we are asking if our Pubs and Bars are ready for the surge of football fans coming through their doors. Some basic filtration checks could help bar staff and chefs keep cool in this busy period. Here are our top 5.
1. Check all Air Conditioning Filters
– Dirty Air Filters in Air conditioning systems can reduce cooling efficiency and air flow, resulting in hot headed staff and football fans. Simple replacements of panel filters, or bag filters could keep the hottest of football fans cool during a penalty shootout.
2. Check Kitchen Supply Air Filters
– Kitchen Supply Air is vital to keep chefs cool during service. Typically Kitchen Supply Filters could be G4 Pleated Panel Filters, ranging up to F6 Bag Filters. Changing these air filters will allow maximum air intake making sure that come full time the kitchen will run efficiently under the increased pressure.
3. Check Kitchen Extract Filters
– Kitchen Extract Filters are just as important as the supply air filters, to make sure all hot air has a path to exit the kitchen. Mesh Grease Filters , and Baffle Grease Filters in the kitchen canopy should be checked, and cleaned with a solution such as Airclean Series 500 Grease Filter Cleaning Agent, to ensure air can pass through filters freely. Also any secondary filters such as panel filters, bag filters, and those all important Charcoal Filters should be inspected for blockages and replaced if necessary.
4. Be Prepared!
– A break down during this period of increased business could be catastrophic so make sure you have your air conditioning companies phone number on hand just in case of an emergency. If your kitchen is likely to experience a high increase in business, maybe consider a Heated Grease Filter Cleaning Tank, or some spare air filters, to minimise down time, and keep ahead of your maintenance schedule during the World Cup.
5. And Finally – Enjoy It!
– This tournament only comes round once every four years, and is one of the few sporting events that brings England together. So if you are stuck behind a bar or in a kitchen, make sure you keep one eye on the score, and stay ahead of the game, and enjoy the tournament with your friend and colleagues.
If your bar or pub needs replacement kitchen filters or air conditioning filters ASAP before the world cup, contact our sales team and we will be more than happy to help!